Sunday, April 18, 2010

April, mid to late... April

Having dogs is not like having kids.

I yelled out the window last week "Mickey! Stop eating that chair." If Mickey was my kid, this probably wouldn't have happened.

And, for fun, I roll Mickey on his back, grab his legs and spank him while he chews on a rubber bone. He loves it. If Mickey was my kid, I'd be in jail for this one.

There's also the caging of dogs that is nothing like the caging of children.

I've started up the farm again. Death and destruction is already upon us. I began some seeds indoors and got them going before plopping them in the ground. After one night in the ground, a mole had tunneled right underneath my plantings. Also, some speckled something has tainted the leaves on the plants that aren't already necrotic. I am not much of a plant grower. Perhaps I'll get lucky with a few this year, it has to help that I have planted in April instead of August. I added a bag of topsoil to my quite infertile growing medium, so I remain confident. Gonna be a bumper crop... of something.

The pine pollen that had yellowed the world a couple weeks ago has now disappeared making outdoor blogging a possibility. Surely this will kick up my posting frequency. It's blog or exercise. Or neither. But not both. Definitely not both.

So, we're all up to date. I see future blog posts about the banjo, hypocrites in politics and other important issues of the day. Whether you see those blog posts... that's another matter.

No comments: