Sunday, December 6, 2009

Video = Early Christmas Gift

After a couple days and countless hours, video has taken over my life. Free editing software and a free video conversion tool have kept me entertained and possibly inspired. The result of one project is below. While it downloads for what I hope will be crystal clear audio and video streaming seamlessly to your computer, allow me to set up the clip. A few bullet points should do the trick.

* The concept is based loosely on the PEPSI self-esteem public service spectacle from the early 90's that many of my generation were subjected to in school assemblies.

* The best thing for my creative side is to 'officially' present my foibles and triumphs, after which point I have to create some new material. Otherwise I keep rehashing old ideas (musical, artistic, etc.) for far too long. This is part of that process. Welcome to it.

* The quote that opens up the video is not my own. It is from a contestant at a BBQ contest featured on a recent TLC show. In the contest he placed 47th out of 47 entries. His words speak to me. I hope they speak to you as well.

* The title is either "A stupid year of pictures" or "A year of stupid pictures."



Thank you, now I can move on.

No comments: