Sunday, April 12, 2009

Complain or Explain


I looked at a list of ideas for blog posts and the main theme was complain or explain. I plan to do neither tonight.

I cut my hair today. I also cut out a bunch of vines that had been uglying up the gigantic azaleas in our front yard. It was cool enough to wear a protective sweatshirt and I didn't expect too many bees to be out. Conditions were perfect. Then I cut back an overgrown holly that guards our electric meter. It has never deterred the meter reader from reading it and charging us accordingly for our accumulated kW hours, so it was only serving as a giant eyesore and needed to be taken down a few feet. I realize now that I am doing some explaining. So, I will do my best not to complain about anything, but explaining is officially fair game. I then did some fence work. All the gates of the fence I put up three years ago are sagging and required some realignment of latches so that those latches can effectively latch. I watched golf. And that is what I did today

Turner Classic Movies is showing all the great epics made around the 60's. Ben Hur, King of Kings, The Ten Commandments, etc. I wish I could have been an extra in one of those films seen shaking my fist angrily as part of some mob. I would not want be seen shaking my fist angrily as part of some mob in real life, only in a sixties epic.

Prince Fielder of the Brewers just beat out an infield hit. Prince Fielder, 5'11" 270lbs. Granted, the second baseman was playing deep, but he still hustled. Effort is good. I applaud those who are effortful.

I forgot that I also brewed some iced tea today. It's so good for drinking.

This King of Kings movie is not so good. I can't believe I ever wanted to shake my fist angrily as part of a mob in one of these ridiculous feature-length films. I only want to be a part of quality film-making... maybe the next Hannah Montana flick will need my talents. Not sure why there would be an angry mob... but I believe that Billy Ray will come up with some way to squeeze me in.

No comments: