Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Courage: A Profile

David Caruso first captured our collective hearts as a bellboy in an episode of Ryan's Hope back in 1976. He appeared in a number of police dramas throughout the years - up to and including: CHiPs, TJ Hooker, Hill Street Blues, Crime Story, NYPD Blue, CSI, CSI: New York, and of course his tour de force - CSI: Miami. Honing his badge persona through the years he formulated the modern masterpiece that is Lieutenant Horatio Caine. With deft skill, grace and courage he delivers his trademark zingers week after week after glorious week.

An aside, he starred in Session 9 which was a decidedly creepy suspense movie. I don't recall all of it vivdly, but I think he did a great job in that movie. kudos.

Let me run down my three favorite characters he played... entirely based on their names.

3) Topper Daniels
2) Private Rusty Burger
1) Mr. Softy's roommate

This concludes my cursory profile of David Caruso.

I hope you enjoyed my report.

No comments: