Thursday, April 16, 2009

Crispy


Observations and notes from the last 48 hours:

Somehow, ESPN has more coverage of the NFL than the NFL Network. A giant Rice Crispy Treat "cake" makes for an awesome birthday cake. Cadbury Eggs are still nasty and still delicious. Warm weather is better than both cold weather and hot weather. Monkeys make anything and everything better. Don DeLillo keeps popping up everywhere, it doesn't change the fact that I gave up on Falling Man which may be more a reflection on me at the time of reading it than it is on Don or that book. In related news, I will read all of White Noise some time in the future. Stock tip: buy GM and Ford. This goes back more than 48 hours, but my Miami Redhawks lost the NCAA hockey championship in a most upsetting turn of events, unbelievable stuff... believe it! The new Tragically Hip album: still working on it... some songs are headscratchers, some songs are compelling, some songs are just songs. I've started eating yogurt - or - I now am an eater of yogurt. I have no video game system and I don't think I want one. It's a big world - even if I see a lot of it, I will have seen very little of it. Farmers can do a lot of things in addition to farming. My lawnmower blade has not been sharpened in three years... this must change. Brown dog is crazy or asleep, not much in between. Black Dog is lazy or asleep, not much in between. White Tiger is worth reading, it is as advertised. It ended a little quick for me... Je prefere plus de denouement. If that is grammatically correct French, you all owe Madame Hosp great credit for teaching me something. Bird book begins tonight. Literally rarely means literally. Actually is often unnecessary. Pop Quiz - "Pay it forward" is a)over used b)incorrectly used. Actually the correct answer is literally A and B. Universal rarely means universal. Despite arguments to the contrary, hypocrisy apparently has a home on both the left and the right... I am literally shocked. Ouch. Any time I happen upon Keith Olbermann he's talking about George Bush. Any time I happen upon Rachel Maddow she's talking about Sarah Palin. Any time I happen upon Bill O'Reilly he's talking about Bill Clinton. Any time I happen upon Sean Hannity he's talking about Barack Obama and William Ayers. Any time I happen upon Anderson Cooper he's talking about Anderson Cooper. They're all wasting my time. Issues, damn it. Discuss issues. Intelligently.

It was all just a dream...

No comments: