Monday, November 30, 2009

News

This just in on the Tiger Woods story: It doesn't matter and I don't care.

Name any scenario (involving cheating, drinking, drugs, domestic disturbances, steroid rages, Ambien-induced sleep-driving, etc.) that could have possibly lead up to the events of the crash and I still can't see how it is in any way a worthwhile story that I need to see. This holiday season, I'm thankful that I can crash into the ditch in front of my house as my wife is chasing me with a golf club and only receive regional HAM radio coverage of the event. That's my America.

And in White House party crasher news: It matters only a little and I don't care.

Security for the President is the only concern here. Yes, 'reality' shows are way out of control and fame is more ludicrous (or is it ludacris?) than ever... but that's not enough to make it the week-long newscast-leading segment it has become. I'd like to see an accounting of the hours of investigative journalism that is being pumped into this story.... or... no I don't, please, I don't want to know.

I have a hard time recalling a moment where two more unimportant non-stories have gotten more air time during the same news cycle. It really has cut in to the 24 hour coverage of the turkey pardoning that usually rules the airwaves at this time of year, and that is a shame.

Gobbledy guck.

No comments: