Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sun day night

It smells like the mountains tonight.
Smoke is in the air from a fire I don't see.
Stars and planets peak through the cold dark sky.
I see my breath when I puff upwards and force out, "ooh, oooh."
My sweatshirt is perfect, I can feel the cold, but I am not... cold.
I was reading Hemingway, but I stopped.
I just finished a different book, it had three main characters. I can't tell you much about it. I got lost early on, but kept on going, hoping it would all make sense in the end. In the end, it just ended.
'At the end of the day' has lost all value as a phrase, if it ever really had any.
I suggest using the 'end of the day' phrase literally and see if anyone notices.
Because, you know, at the end of the day, I go to sleep.
I will be in Myrtle Beach for a couple days and you're not the least bit jealous.
A strange forced breathing sound is coming from the woods.
Brown dog ran out to meet the sound, ready to bark wildly, but he just faded into the dark without a peep.
The sound is getting louder... I think I'll go explore now, too.
(pause)
My investigation yielded nothing as the sound petered out.
I did see more stars and a couple planes flying overhead while away from my seat. Once away from the porch light they (stars and such) take over the view. With the porch light right above me, I can count maybe eight visible celestial bodies. Without the light pollution... well, I can't count that high, and I'm a good counter.
Mickey and me on the stoop.

No comments: