Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Night Blog

Not sleepy + good baseball game on + computer is on = late night blog.

I've touched on it before. I can understand why people don't like the Yankees. Some of the same reasons I don't like Notre Dame, Duke, Ohio State, etc. I'll leave it at that.

Did you know there is a pro football league (UFL) made of four teams that has such coaches as Dennis Green, Jim Haslett and Jim Fassel? And that the San Fransisco team is owned by Nancy Pelosi's husband? All true.

"All politics is local." But most local politics are crazy and dysfunctional. Discuss, dispute, agree.

Same goes for stimulus money, it being local and all. I'm concerned about economic renewal, over borrowing, over spending and macro consequences. Still, I'm happy that the speedbumps have been replaced at the national battlefield nearby and the meeting space/pavilion has gotten a new coat of paint. It looks sharp and pleases me, no matter the more global ramifications.

It's not easy being President of the United States. To support this I reference all former and current U.S. Presidents.

I think Hillary Clinton is a pretty good Secretary of State, and was probably a good senator. She is, however, a terrible candidate. I know she can do the job... but can she get the job? She might not have been a bad president.

I am not a fan of using PROTUS, FLOTUS, SCOTUS, BLOTUS, ASBUMOTUS, etc.

I had my first nap in a while today. It was great.

For all you in Cabo, I hope Rick (or is it Ricardo?) doesn't visit you. Stay safe!

Saw a mountain music duo on the TV this evening, called themselves the Moron Brothers. No joke.

Have you ever hit baseballs at a batting cage in the rain? It's pretty wild, be ready to bail out.

I did give up on that Michael Chabon book. I heard an interview with him last week, pretty interesting.... but I still quit his book, which I said I wouldn't do. Sorry, Michael.

This is not the blog you've been waiting for. But it's coming soon.

It's one thing for someone to be an idiot, but to drag your kids into the idiotic web is tragic (see Balloon Boy).

The End

No comments: