Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm old

Some examples that lead to the inevitable conclusion found in the title:

1. I don't trust automated voice recognition software on customer service lines. I ordered freight pickup last Friday and today. The automaton on the other end of line confirms everything I say and even gives me a pickup confirmation number. Later in the day I make sure to call a person to verify that all is in the system. Now, if the truck showed up as scheduled I might not feel the need for follow-up. Nevertheless, I don't fully believe computers can listen to me and take the appropriate actions. And surely they can't appreciate my sarcasm like you can.
2. Wait... that's all I've got. I feel younger already. I think I'll stay up 'til 10:30 tonight.

3. No, 10:00 is late enough.

No comments: