Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sick ness

It all starts with a good night's sleep. Sound and long. No dreams. No disoriented wake up. Not even any pools of drool. Then, the slight tickle in the throat. And a little extra mucous. The laying back down on the bed. A slight back pain slowly intensifies. No comfortable position. Can't stay home, things to do today. And tomorrow. Maybe Thursday has sick day potential? Getting sick? Seems like it.

Let's see... a busy weekend loaded with lack of sleep, lack of food, a fair amount of anxiety and a lot of expended energy... a Monday full of stressful triumph and sun-baked fiddling... and I'm a bit worn down. I've made myself a good target for an illness of some description. Never you mind what was on the agenda for Tuesday, because the germ vacationers have arrived for summer holiday in my immune system. Prime snot-front property with room for the whole Booger family. I hate the summer cold/flu/crud. In the winter it makes some sense, but the summer sickness is never and shan't ever be a favorite.

On the Upside: Thank every and any god involved in getting the air conditioning working at the office again... huge. I'm not that sick, yet. A lot of what I need to do short term has been done or can be farmed out. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain, which is fun.

On the Downside: I desperately need to mow the lawn, but it's in the upper nineties and going to rain. It's been ten days since I last mowed, and the grass is getting mighty high. You can lose a dog out there if you're not careful... it nearly happened last night. There are things I want to get on to, but if I'm not at my best, well, I'm not at my best. Don't want to eat... I usually don't, but this is much more acute than normal.

wahh.

No comments: