Tuesday, August 25, 2009

One little victory

Fortunately for all, this is not about an obscure recent Rush song.

I just had a fleeting idea for tonight's entry. I guess the fleeting was more powerful than the idea. ummmmm. It's right there... tip of my finger, maybe if I keep typing it will start happening. Maybe. just a couple more clicks. no. I need to pause to get it back.

(mere seconds later)

Oh yeah. Now I remember. And I remember why I forgot. I write this in fear of being too dog-oriented in my bloggification. It is very much a part of my world, and it could get annoying unless I keep the content fresh. So, you know where I'm coming from. I also am concerned with making overtures to something along the lines of Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. Again, I'll try to toe the line, walk the tightrope, slip the trap, avoid the cliche (too late) and hope to write something worth reading.

Some say that we should be more like our dogs. If we could get up excited about another day, happy in the little things and keep our wants small we would be happier people. I see some truth in that, but it can be a complicated world. To minimize the dynamic life around us when we know full well what's going on... well, shriveling into a cocoon of ignorant bliss is no good. Forrest Gump brought up similar notions. If we were all a little more like Forrest the world would be a better place. So, if we all had no idea what we were doing but everything turned out great... then... hmmm, not a smart strategy. We can't all be Forrest. We can't all be dogs. We can't all be simple.

So, my thought is that, we shouldn't be like our dogs, we should treat each other like we treat our dogs. I know, this can break down (see Michael Vick, see any animal shelter) but, for those of us who aren't messed up, keep reading. I will speak only for myself, but I really give way too much praise to my dogs when they do very ordinary things. "That is some good stretching." "Way to get in your house!" "That's good jumping, Weenis!" "Good sitting!" If we could praise each other for our daily grind, that would be cool. "Nice job going to the bathroom." "Nice Sleeping." "Way to eat your cereal." And so forth. And so on.

This turned into sounding like the Peyton Manning commercial where he roots people on at their jobs like they do for him at his job. I swear it started somewhere else conceptually, but in the end devolved. So... crud. Well, at least you won't remember this as "another dog post" rather a post that just wasn't that great. I'll consider that a victory.A good look at the half moon piece missing from Mickey's left ear.

6 comments:

Sam said...

Nothing is too dog-centric for me. Except those stupid William Wegman books.

Cunado said...

Good to know. And agreed, he makes Weimaraners extra creepy and annoying.

Sam said...

Hey,
Just to make things interesting, I am going to blog challenge you:

Compose a blog relating to the blog title, "Radar Love"

And......go.

Cunado said...

But... I just blogged... I accept your challenge... tomorrow. Though I would like to face the "here's your topic, now write" challenge sometime.

How 'bout you... something to push you... let's say "Phileas Fogg: life's lessons"... yes, I like that very much.

Sam said...

You're on. Let's just say by the end of the weekend.

Cunado said...

I'm in... I think Radar Love will happen sooner than that.