Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Simple

I just had a great surprise, there was some lemonade in the refrigerator. So I filled my glass and happily drank it. As luck would have it, I am able to forget things in a very short period of time. Such as, there is still some lemonade in the refrigerator for drinking. And that forgetfulness, in this case, turns into a nice little surprise. Now, if there had been iced tea in the fridge, that would have been a bigger event, but lemonade is still pretty good.

Finding a hidden box of crackers is a good thing, too. AAHAAAAA! Speaking of, there's a partial bag of pretzels in my briefcase thing, snacking remnants left over from the New York trip. YES! They're a little stale, but not stale enough to stop me from eating them, or for brown dog to give a thorough sniffing of the immediate area. Pretzels and lemonade... the great joys of my day. There will never be a phantom bottle of Coke or bag of Doritos sneaking around here, that'd be way over the top. I wouldn't be able to handle that. Occasionally there will be a surprise can of Frito Lay Jalapeno Cheddar Nacho cheese that I've forgotten, but I usually keep pretty close track of the cheese.

Hmmm, this is the first time in a long long time that I've typed here at my little desk at home. I think the results speak for themselves.

A moment with: Nerdlinger - When possible, I suggest using the online Chat feature for customer service. Not necessarily for speed or service, but usually you can print out or email a transcript of the chat session. The one I used today showed the elapsed time and everything. I do suggest some form of multitasking (productive or pleasurable) as the response time from question to answer can be horribly slow. It took me over thirty minutes to get answers to two pretty straightforward questions today. You can't beat having an accurate record provided by the company website. That is today's cyber-tip. And yes, you are very welcome.

No comments: