Tuesday, September 15, 2009

blurbs

A bad night sleep + trying out new technology the next day = certain failure

The video upload continued overnight. You see the result here now. No video.

I need the heat and humidity to end. It's not just an issue of comfort. I'm tired of the air conditioning coming on. Inside or out, I'm done listening to it. My fragile, sleep starved body is weak from the unrelenting torment of compressors and fans. Shhhhhhhhh.

I'm happy with our big fenced-in back yard, but if I were smart I would have split it in two so I could rotate play areas for recovery from mole tunneling and mole hunting. Lesson: I'm not smart.

The Ed Show on MSNBC = the Glenn Beck show on FoxNews. Both make me sad for the same reason --- they are on TV.

I still don't understand how/why Jim Cramer was the lightening rod during the financial crisis several months ago. Not that Jon Stewart didn't make some nice points and all, but one look at the Mad Money set should say it all. And if it doesn't, thirty seconds of his on air antics should. It's like lambasting a clown for bad treatment of circus animals, all circus animals, everywhere. If I can't trust the guy with the crazy sound effects and lights and buzzers and graphics to keep me informed on the health and stability of global financial markets, who can I trust?

I am sad to report that Jay Leno was still Jay Leno on his new show last night. I like the guy, but not enough to watch.

Yes, the Kanye West thing was sad and pitiful, but it was at the Video Music Awards, you know... on MTV. It can stop being news.

Yes, the Serena Williams thing was sad and pitiful, but it was part of a game - a typical disgusting display. It can stop being news.

Yes, the Joe Wilson thing was sad and pitiful, but he's from South Carolina. South Carolina, the Carolina with Mark Sanford. Yes, that Carolina. Can it stop being news? It can stop being news.

Done.

2 comments:

Blogadier General said...

"South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum". --James Petigru, 1860. (source: Confederates in the Attic)

Equally true today.

Cunado said...

This quote pleases me and I thank you for it BG.