Thursday, September 3, 2009

RuT RoH 2

I was all prepared for tonight's offering to be exclusive video footage of the storied and cherished version referenced by Blogadier General (See comment in "Comment Section", September 2 post RuT RoH. Sadly, the only Coalition video of RTRH is from the first garage concert, which was played early in the first set. And the first was the worst. The taping of the second garage concert was cut short due to short battery life, and the "good" version of RTRH went un-videod. More precisely, it was cut short because none of us were savvy enough to think to plug the video camera in, rather than using the battery. Learning this important AC-DC lesson was both a blessing and a curse during the Coalition's 1994 World Tour. The blessing was that all shows were taped start to finish. The curse was that all shows were taped start to finish, and available for review. Post show analysis was a lot like football coaches grading game film and seeing who did what and how well. If I remember correctly, we generally graded out pretty poorly. And I assure you, I remember correctly.

All of which leads me to nothing else of substance. I am tired. I will retire and read me some novel, which currently is Any Human Heart by William Boyd, about which I have mixed feelings. The title sounds like a Hallmark Channel Original Movie, happily it doesn't read that way.

I slap black dog on the butt and give a scratch or two. She pants then slumps away to her corner behind the IKEA chair. One of those chairs with the curved wood and matching ottoman. We've got the black cushions on it. She'll curl up on the ottoman or in the chair during the day and pretty much disappear. But sometimes you can still smell her. She continues to pant. Another day is in the books.

No comments: