Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Capital!

Today, continuing on the side road theme, I drove through the denim capital of the world. If I hadn't seen the sign, I wouldn't have known it. I'm not 100% sure of the title's legitimacy. I'm not even 10% sure. The only denim I saw was my pants, that's why I'm not convinced. I intend to do some research on the topic soon. But not really soon.


The challenge of the qwerty keyboard is alive and well tonight as I type with my thumbs in the backyard. The upside is that at this point my texting skills with two thumbs is not much better than my one thumb skill set, so I'm freed up to pet a lazy black dog. This is agreeable to both parties.


Tonight I saw the constellations reveal themselves one star at a time. - the tragically hip


Right now that constellation would be the great triangle. I'm waiting for Orion to return, who, as the easiest cool weather cluster to spot, is one of my favorites. Cassaeopia (spelling currently under review) is another favorite. I've never much cared for the dippers, dumbed down underlings from the Ursas . They are pedestrian and predictable. I sound like an astronomy snob, but I only know enough to make me dangerous. Which, come to think of it, most certainly classifies me as a snob - an unrefined, under-informed, denim-clad, stargazing snob... There are worse things I could be.


Yes! Lucky me just saw a shooting star. Some snobs have all the luck. Time to close it on a high note, back inside for some iced tea and a snack.


Night night.

1 comment:

Cunado said...

Between September 12th and 13th, no comments were made here.

-The Management