Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ferris Bueller

Time for a day off. I'm not skipping school and I won't drive a Ferarri into Chicago for a Cubs game. I'm going to listen to some football and recuperate from an intense day of yard work. We've gotten a reprieve from a gloomy weather forecast that was all clouds and all rain, it is neither cloudy nor rainy. I will enjoy it.

But before I go I'll give you something, something, anything...

I've got nothing. So I give you nothing. Make the most of it.

Here's how I walked to school as a young lad. It was, in fact, uphill both ways, and there was neck high snow at times. Not long after we moved away they started to require that everyone ride the bus. I liked walking. I didn't like being terrified of little yippy dogs, but I liked walking. Now, a walk down memory lane (First Street).
View Larger Map

No comments: