Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday, September 4, 2009

"The windows can stay open tonight, hopefully the fans will create enough white noise that the canine sleeping team won't hear their friends and enemies barking in the distance...which triggers the bark alarm which triggers the be quiet, dogs alarm which triggers the bad night's sleep alarm."

All too true last night. The fan was on low and white noise was not sufficient. Some distant dog found something to warn the neighborhood about at 3am. Our dynamic duo let rip with some fierce barking to pass on the message. Luckily I was able to fall back asleep. Unfortunately the refalling asleep happened more than three hours later. Don't feel sorry for me... I've got it covered.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, may officially be my least favorite phrase, especially when altered to be What happens in (insert anything) stays in (insert same anything). I'm not sure what the process is to make it official, but I'm ready to sign on the dotted line, attach my seal and get it notarized. But, I hand it to the tourism crew out there for finding a catch phrase that is pervasive, invasive and possibly persuasive. I still prefer "Wha happened?" But that is probably more suited to Peoria, IL or Richmond, IN.

Syracuse game starts in fifteen hours. Huzzah.

At 9:00pm brown dog shuts down. Curls up on the couch starts his night's sleep. He's game to get up and run outside or play and tug and wrestle in an instant, but he's pretty well conditioned to call it at nine if nothing more exciting is in the offing. He's pretty relieved when you ask him if he wants to get in house, formally ending the day. He's come a long way, baby. Once a scared biting little menace, now (at this moment anyway) a creature in a peaceful state of snooze. Love the dog. Love the ridiculous brown dog.

3 comments:

Sam said...

If you need a co-signer on "What happens in Vegas" let me know. God, am I tired of it.

We also share a deep and abiding love of "Wha happened?" and possibly Fred Willard.

My favorite Christopher Guest movie moment is in Waiting for Guffman when Corky tells the council "You people are just bastard people!"

Cunado said...

It's moments like these, even when I know we're so far apart, I feel so close to you... (cue "Somewhere Out There" on Radio Shack tape player)

Amen, sister, to all of that.

I may try some reverse therapy technique. What happens in McBlogland stays in McBlogland. What happens in the bathroom stays in the bathroom. What happens at the Blue Man Group show, stays at the Blue Man Group show. What happens in Lake Lucern, Switezerland, stays in Lake Lucern, Switzerland. What happens in Lake Luzerne, New York, USA, stays in Lake Luzerne, New York, USA. What happens in death panel meetings, stays in death panel meetings. Somehow, I feel that I've stripped away much of its power.

Sam said...

Oh, I see. You're trying to take back the meaning and make it your own. I like this. Very Doug Power of you.

What happens in Bevis stays in Bevis.