Friday, May 22, 2009

Critter, Scooter, ...


I saw a gecko (actually an anole (Anolis carolinensis), maybe you call it an American Chameleon, but you shouldn‘t) friday on a piece of wood. There was something on its butt, but it ran off before I could investigate further. I’ll keep an eye out for him.

I also saw a guy on a moped riding with a weedeater. That can’t be easy. I remember when I was little trying to ride my bike with a bag on the handlebars. The bag had a 3-liter drink in it and some Doritos. My balance was seriously compromised. That guy is yet another who is getting the job done even if he doesn’t necessarily have all the right tools. I’m putting him in my Occupational Hall of Fame along with the Liberty Tax Service mascot. There’s a new roadside attraction down there now, a Super Cuts mascot. He’s wearing a giant black fur hat with white feathers on it. I think a big outrageous wig would be me more appropriate. Well, what would be appropriate? Maybe nothing.

I was pleased that the only email I received on the Friday afternoon before Memorial Day was a fantasy baseball trade offer. I’m considering the offer, it’s certainly fair. I’d like to see how Daisuke Matsuzaka fares coming off the DL before I decide on a course of action.

It sure is a nice day.

No comments: