Monday, May 11, 2009

Various Blogged Topics


A few things today.

Hockey. I almost always root for the team from farther north. In keeping with this, always go with a Canadian team over an American team. And no question I prefer an American team over a Mexican team. Current exception is Chicago over Vancouver. The Blackhawks have been so bad for so long, it's really about time for them to make another push in the playoffs.

Geography. Seattle is in the Pacific Northwest. Is Vancouver in the Pacific Southwest? Ask your Canadian friends and get back to me. This could keep me up at night. I'm not sure this one can be resolved. My mind has been blown.

French. (Some of the following is true) Pamplemousse = Grapefruit. Pomme = Apple. Pomme de terre = Potato. I thought this was going somewhere, but it's not.

Bob Costas.

Trent Jewett. Former Salem Buccaneer catcher who I watched play back in the day (late 80's... yes?) has won his 1,000th game as a minor league manager. There's something a little Crash Davis-y about this accomplishment.

Movie. We (the collective) need a new good baseball movie. I haven't seen "For the Love of the Game" and wonder if I should. I wonder if any of you will tell me. I'm full of wonder.

The Curse of the Blue Pearl. I have a blackberry. Sadly, a blog that I like-like is not readable on it for technical reasons I can't begin to understand. This blog works on it... which is not the result of conscious effort or intentional actions of this author. I tried many times to make that sentence grammatically approximate, I think I did very, very well.

Good baserunning. Is about having a clue. Is not about having speed.

Nickname. Another one for Mickey is Funbutt Fannyslap.

Good. Night.

No comments: