Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pictureless mini-blog

This is the exciting prequel to an assortment of upcoming blogs. If you read those future posts first, that will (or will have? future perfect, past participle, conjunctive adverb, remainder of 3) legitimize(d) my use of the word prequel. What? Exactly.

Things I saw driving home:

Horses grazing with cows in apparent peace and harmony. Deep down I think one of the two groups is not happy with the arrangement. But, I bet neither will say a word.

Baby horses in the field.

Baby corn plants in the fields.

A sticker in the rear window of the car in front of me that said satan sucks. I had no comment. Probably true.

Nothing else of note was seen today.

I'm glad that the criminally partisan are out there and get to express themselves, but I wish they would do it more quietly and let reasonable people lead the debate. Very little is black and white... and gray doesn't begin to cover everything. Vibrant, balanced technicolor is the only fair approach. There are smells and sounds, too.

Embrace exceptions, not rules.

- Anonymous Lee

No comments: