Sunday, June 14, 2009

Blogberet

A play on a play on words.

I'm wearing my wireless hat again. The internet is currently down so I am emailing this in via blackberry. Any earlier plans for a focused post are gone. Qwerty strikes again.

I took a nap this afternoon to sleep off a headache. It didn't really work. When I woke up a big thunderstorm started... perfect for more napping. But I resisted the temptation.

Maggie made a sneak attack on the cat food and litter box today. She is currently serving time outside. Mickey has preferred dog status and is enjoying some couch time. He's breathing loudly (as usual) and watching some TV. Earlier we played, now it is time to pant. He has incredible focus... on what? I'm not sure. But he is focused. After a while he'll decide it's time to go to his kennel. Maggie never makes that decision... in a similar situation she begins to lay low to avoid another night in solitary.

I noticed yesterday that while both in their cages, they tend to assume the same positions as they rest. I would attach a diagram, but it's probably not necessary and also not possible this evening. I have no theory to explain this phenomenon, but I am slightly fascinated by it. Today, while separated, their sleeping positions were not even remotely similar. Outside the cage Maggie is free to assume her "bug on its back snaggle tooth" position which Mickey has not yet mastered.

And that's the dog report.

Huzzah for the Penguins and their Stanley Cup win. Mickey and I are bored by game five of the NBA finals. Maggie howls in the backyard. Sentences form a loosely constructed paragraph. Not far from here a George Foreman grill is covered with chicken drippings and longs to be cleaned. Longs to grill sausage. It must wait. Tomorrow you will have your sausage, unless I cook it in a pan. A dog scratches at the door. That same dog thinks "Why am I being ostracized?" The other dog thinks "I'm a good dog... because this guy who feeds me said so... and he rubs my head and scratches my ear."

Good dog.

No comments: