Monday, June 1, 2009

Thing 1 doesn't change thing 2

1. GM filed for bankruptcy.
2. Old Corvettes are cool.

Now back to the blog, in no particular order.

I've got a lot of ideas to write about this evening, but none (NONE) seem to be coming out right. Why is that? Why does it come so easily at times? Why so difficult now? Attitude? Why? Yes, I've pushed to make this a daily routine, in hopes of getting better at writing. But I enjoy the release, the time to focus on something different, something always different each time I do this. I'm not burnt out. It's not writer's block. It's writing block. I can't write what I want to write tonight (but I can make an unfortunate rhyme scheme).

I doubt many of us keep a close watch on college baseball... but there were two notable games over the weekend. A 25 inning game (over 7 hours long) that finished 3-2, Texas over Boston College. This next statement will shake the foundations of college athletics... that is too long for a game to last. And I just learned that Texas only used three (THREE) pitchers. Florida State 37 to 6 over Ohio State, that one didn't take 25 innings. We had the slaughter rule in little league... down 10, game over. They should have pulled that rule out for this game. This next statement will shake the foundations of college athletics... that is too many runs for one team.

There is so much to be concerned about in this world, I'm shocked at how much energy so many people put into so many things that are trivial... undeniably trivial. This blog is undeniably trivial, but you'll be glad to know I don't give it too much time. I'll leave it at that, for now.

In the not too distant future I will eat a turkey wrap and drink Country Time lemonade. Then I will sleep.

I don't particularly like haiku.

No comments: