Monday, June 29, 2009

Small Fire Hits Virginia Home

There was a time when I was crafty and made all sorts of things. I'm still a little crafty, but don't make so many things. Below is a picture of a model house I designed and built about 16 years ago. It was mainly built from balsa wood with some little furnishings inside and a sandpaper roof.
The house has been sitting on the bar/counter in my parents basement for nearly the entire 16 years it's been around. I'd like to build a house someday, but this is not the design that I'll choose. Rather than bring it back to Carolina, I decided it was time to say goodbye. So, this happened...
Total destruction down to ashes took about eight minutes. Investigators suspect that a lit match started the fire in the den. Foul play is confirmed.

No comments: