Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Typho


I don't mind it when I misspell a word I don't know. But the ol' typo really upsets me, especially in places where I can't edit it. Say, if, you know.... I was to comment on another blog and would leave out the word "in" in one of the sentences. I can't fix that. And it's not worth another post to say "in." The meaning was obvious, but rats (zut alors! the French would say). Or if I were to spell "stone" s-t-a-n-e in another place, that would also be bothersome. Sure, the "a" and "o" are right on top of each other on the keyboard, so it's a common mistake... but I try not to do these things. Speaking of "these"... I had that spelled "thsese" for a few weeks before noticing it on my page here. "Remember thsese great posts?" Well, spell it wrong and all comedic brilliance is lost... forever. I go back over my blog entries from time to time, not only to wonder at my own spectacular gift, but to find glaring mistakes that everyone has already read. I can always find at least one somewhere. On the upside, I've given up many of the rules of grammar. If I were into "grammar" there would be plenty to be upset about in nearly every sentence.

I've put a little Google translator to the right so all our international friends can join in the fun here. It's neat. Kind of cool to see what words it won't translate. "El Farmo Cunado" has no translation into Arabic. I wonder how it handles typos? Better than me? We'll see.

Everyone watch hockey and root for the Penguins. Game 7 is in Detroit on Friday at 8:00 eastern, NBC. I'll remind you again later this week.

No comments: