Saturday, June 13, 2009

Tonight: Sports, Agriculture, Nature, Literature, Health and Making a Difference

The magic loop fell late Friday afternoon. The same magnificent basketball that raised it up a day earlier brought it back down again. These are the times that try men's souls. Which loop will be the next to fall? Am I man enough to endure what comes next? I'll let you know.

El Farmo Cunado continues to putter along. I did some hard core weeding Friday evening. Grass has proven to be the most viable plant of all. Bean plants are still growing. A yellow squash plant is making progress. Micro Tomato, Micro Lettuce and Micro Carrots continue to Micro Grow. They are a Micro Disappointment. Kristin got a few cucumber plants from some people at church for me to transplant. They sat for a few days in a tub of water before I got them in the ground. Some looked like they had a chance. I planted them, then, overnight we had some serious downpours. Yada yada... they're not looking good. When the farm happens next year, I see me doing the following: borrowing a tiller, putting up more fence, planting early, planting more, conditioning the soil, learning before planting, buying a few plants rather than trusting seed, planning... just a little. All in all, the farm has done well - especially in this economy.

A major dragonfly operation is underway overhead.

I appreciate book suggestions and follow through when possible. I have given up on Wolf Totem and a couple others I got out of the library. Keep in mind that I am getting books out of the Pender County Library – Burgaw Branch and that it does not have a comprehensive collection... of... books.

It is time for me to burn off this layer of winter fat. I've had it since 2007.

Vonage Call Forwarding and Wireless Internet allowed me to conduct business late Friday afternoon from the back yard with the dogs. Thank you, technology, for making a difference. Even if you only helped one person... it was worth it.

No comments: