Thursday, July 9, 2009

The camera I


Ever wonder what's going on behind the lens? After taking a picture of Mickey, I pretended to do so again, but aimed the camera at me/myself/I (definitely not I, but me and myself... it's a toss up, I lean toward myself. Grammarians chime in at your own risk and/or convenience). It's pretty horrid what he sees when I'm going for a good shot. Oh, the contortions... the cartoonish twisting and wrinkly shrivelitude. I know I don't have a poker face, but it's more expressive than I expect it to be. I make fun of cheesy acting, but if I were an actor it would be over-the-top cheese the likes of which would shock even the most seasoned Saved by the Bell viewer. Me included.

Back to turning the camera around. It would be cool to have a wide angle picture taken in the opposite direction of the subject by professional photographers. I think it would make a good coffee table book. The subject: Grand Canyon. The opposite: cameraman, families and donkeys and other cool things. The subject: Fireworks. The opposite: the faces lit up by the colored light, eyes reflecting the bursts. The subject: staged beauty. The opposite: reality. The subject: Brown Dog. The opposite: Contort-o-face.

Perhaps not an entirely original idea... but worth a go sometime. If this strikes anyone's fancy, I'd love to see what y'all come up with.

No comments: