Friday, July 3, 2009

Hear say


A few things I've caught myself saying out loud.

While by myself watching tv... a commercial comes on with dogs. I say, "I like dogs." I know I like dogs, there is no reason for me to articulate it so as to better understand myself. Yet, I do so anyway.

On Friday, with an unjustified sense of accomplishment: "I've worn the same pair of pants all week." Bravo, self. I beam with a strange discolored pride.

Out in the yard.... "I see you, fly!" I say angrily to a fly that is buzzing around me. It doesn't scare the fly or make it stop, it continues to harass me. Wasted, wasted words.

While shooting hoops by myself, I sometimes ask, "Are you kidding me?" when a shot doesn't go in. Who or what am I talking to? The basketball? The hoop? Gravity and trajectory? The laws of physics? Quantum mechanics? Thermodynamics? My shoes? There's no joke. There is no kidding. Am I really surprised when one doesn't go in? No. Mildly disappointed at times, but the shock that "Are you kidding me?" suggests is way over the top. It's almost as bad as shouting "Money!" every time I launch a shot. Although, nothing's as bad as shouting "Money!" every time you shoot.

That's all for today. (You) expect something fantastic tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Nobody should ever say 'Money!' about anything.