Sunday, July 5, 2009

trix

I almost got hit by a rabbit this morning. I saw him coming... he saw me coming. He stopped by the ditch on the side of the road, I assumed to wait for me to pass. So I sped up... then he came at me. I was able to avoid disaster. A lot of other animals have not fared so well along that same stretch of road (not by my tire, mind you). Cat, Squirrel and Possum didn't make it. Silly rabbit.

I offer up what we call a frap. Frenetic Random Activity Pattern. Some say that a frap is when a dog runs around like a maniac with no clear direction or destination. I can appreciate that. In our world, a frap looks more like this:
Often it will last for minutes on end with an occasional break in the action. If you're in bed, sometimes you only see legs kicking up into the air and hear occasional snorts. Black dog is an expert frapper - a technician, an artist. Brown dog will frap on the occasional bug, but he lacks the passion to be truly great.

No comments: