Wednesday, July 29, 2009

da plane da plane

My plane is delayed as most planes on the east coast are right now. So I consider how much to put into this post, for it will surely be edited and added to... plus I can't focus right now. 80% Chance of intermittent ramblings.

What I saw last night.

A batter for the Long Island Ducks got hit in the head by a pitch. It hit his helmet and he immediately went down. They brought in the stretcher and taped his head to the board and wheeled him away. I think he was conscious, but he wasn't moving much. It's hard to focus on any other parts of the game when you get everything broken up by a half-hour EMT break. There was some good defense, a couple home runs...

I think my plane is here... I go now, maybe post more later.

My plane was here, but it has to sit for an hour. I have plenty of time for an A&W crispy chicken combo at the swanky end of the airport. I'm sitting in one of the luxury chairs at an empty Southwest gate, the kind with the power pillar, so I've got a lot of things plugged in, a lot of things charging... if I had bluetooth in my ear the look would be complete.

I've started reading Absurdistan. It's written by somebody. I think I'll enjoy it.

Back to last night. I raced back to the hotel after the game, compelled to watch David Letterman. I watched so that I could relate to a certain blog, but Dave's material is so stale I had to look away. I'm just a man... a man who likes to laugh, and it just wasn't happening. I think his delivery is fine and he and Paul have their moments, but his material is garbage. Mine is garbage at times, too, but I don't have a team of paid professional comedy writers to come up with jokes night after night. I really don't know why anyone would watch the Late Show with any regularity. Leno was no great shakes either. It's not my type of humor, so take my critique for what it's worth. But mark it down, David Letterman doesn't make me laugh.

Back to my gate for to board da plane.

No comments: