Friday, July 24, 2009

CLT

Charlotte Douglas Airport

Flight 2658 to Cleveland, Gate E26 Departure Time: 2:45pm

Flight 2658 to Cleveland, Gate E28 Departure Time: 4:02pm

Flight 2658 to Cleveland, Gate E28 Departure Time: 5:12pm

Flight 2658 to Cleveland, Gate E28 Departure Time: 5:36pm

Flight 2658 to Cleveland, Gate E28 Departure Time: 5:56pm

Now, mind you, the plane is here on the ground at 2:00pm, but I am happy for them to do their repairs (whatever they may be) in the time frame they see fit. We'd like to be in Cleveland by 2:00pm tomorrow. Before then would be better, but I figure we really have 24 hours to play with (with which to play). I like my planes with wings attached, functional engines and landing gear that works... so, whatever it takes.

+ CLT has free wireless, which is nice. Wireless Internet, to further ease my blog entrification.

+ CLT has better a/c and airflow than our flight from ILM to CLT. I'd rather be sitting in an airport not moving than sitting in a plane not moving.

+ We ate a big lunch here, Buffalo Chicken Salad, and this writer cleaned his plate (a shock to anyone familiar with his feeding habits, especially while enroute to anywhere).

+ CLT has comfortable seating with plenty of space for the slightly delayed, not like some airports where you struggle to find a few square feet of floorspace to claim as your own.

- We had hoped to eat dinner and see a baseball game in Akron. Not bloody likely. On the upside we didn't buy tickets in advance, for dinner or the game. On the downside, we don't get to see a baseball game, but I mentioned that already.

This is what I look like while waiting in an airport and working on a blog entry, circa 2009.You'll notice a slightly glazed over and dazed over look. I attribute this to my generally glazed over and dazed over feeling. Plus, I don't want to appear too friendly. Mission accomplished.

No comments: