Monday, July 27, 2009

Post Date

A little fudging here to protect the streak, but I think we should all give me a little leeway. I'm still well within the window, as I see it.

Changing your USAir flight from Wednesday to Tuesday will run you $150 plus $187 price difference. I did the math... that comes out to $337 dollars. United States Dollars. Three Benjamins, One Jackson, One Hamilton, One Lincoln and one Jefferson. Why not use the Jefferson? Interesting how out of the five faces on my choice of bills, two were not presidents. Is that interesting? Well, I thought it worth noting and it sets the stage for the thought-provoking/mind-numbing text to follow, so my advice is this: embrace it.Think any non-presidents of today will be pictured on any currency two-hundred years from now? I don't. Think any presidents of today will be used? I don't. We're far too nostalgic for that. I think coins should be used for some more widespread face time. Eisenhower? Really. He gets a the dollar coin and FDR is the exclusive face of the dime? And what's the deal with Lincoln... (insert stand-up voice of Jerry Seinfeld) he gets a coin and a bill? Washington as well. Let's get new faces on our pennies and other coins every year. Slap every president's visage that hasn't been on any money to date onto the lucky side of the penny. William Henry Harrison... congratulations, you're a penny. Taft. Polk. People are really into Polk these days. Make that man a dime. America demands change for our change. Well, America doesn't so much demand it, more like, an American has gently suggested the possibility. It's an issue about which I care very little. Won't you join my cause?

Sleepy. Long days and short nights. Sleepy.

4 comments:

Blogadier General said...

I think 3 of those guys were presidents. Plus I'm not sure Eisenhower is on the dime.

That said, your blogstreak continues to amaze and impress. How is the garden?

Cunado said...

Thank you Fact Checkor! That's what I get for squeezing one out late while quite tired, full of pasta shrimp and chicken, and wee bit of happy juice. If you actually look at a dime, it would appear that FDR is on it (he was a president). Luckily, Ike is on a dollar coin (I knew I saw him somewhere). And at one in the morning I may have decided that Jefferson didn't count as president as I think his finest hours were as a non-president, this may offend your UVa sensibilities... but for that I offer no apology.

I will edit my content for accuracy so future readers will only read the truth... and my half-baked opinions. But I will keep your correction in place, kind sir.

Re: blogstreak. Thank you. Your certain intermittent posts are also enjoyed.
re: garden. There are some budding yellow squashes which were looking promising last week. Not sure what they look like now as I am on a Long Island of sorts and away from my fruited plain.

Blogadier General said...

Still on the island eh? Are you passing through NYC anytime?

Cunado said...

Probably won't make it into NYC. Flying out of Islip tomorrow evening. Working from hotel today. Going to Long Island Ducks game tonight. I'd invite you but I believe there is some Letterman in the works, right? If you happen to make it on camera, be sure to give a "Shout out" to someone.