Sunday, July 19, 2009

L'hotel

Follow me here:

1. If I look only mostly disgusting in a hotel bathroom mirror, THEN
2. I must look only marginally offensive under normal lighting, THEN
3. In dimly lit situations I must look somewhat ok, THEN
4. In the dark I must look pretty good, if not amazingly good, RIGHT?

Right.

You can judge a hotel room by the height of its bathroom ceiling. If you can't touch it while standing normally, you're in good shape. With each botched renovation in the crappier hotels, it seems like they just keep dropping and dropping the ceiling. We don't want to know what each layer of ceiling is hiding. If the ceiling height is 8' or more, I guarantee the TV works, the AC will keep you cool, the toilet flushes with the overwhelming force and the water gets hot and stays hot. The occasional boutique hotel might be an exception, my research is incomplete in this area.

The same height standard goes for the showerhead. They could do away with the star classifications and just list showerhead heights... much more reflective of overall hotel quality. I defy anyone to come up with any reasonable objections.

Unrelated:

- I like playing guitar solos.
- I generally don't like listening to them.
- I don't know if I would enjoy hearing me play one because I can't quite separate my playing self from my listening self.
- Listening to Lucinda Williams is better than watching Lucinda Williams for at least two reasons. 1. She is looking at the lyrics while performing on Austin City Limits. 2. Her stage antics look like she is weightlifting/doing curls and possibly dancing to a different song than the one she is performing.

Coming this week!
A review of a SciFi (SyFy) movie I couldn't stop watching because it was so good for so many reasons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look good in any light, baby.