Monday, July 20, 2009

Sleep 5 Work 9 Drive 6

World and road weary, I blog on.

I downloaded Harry Shearer's podcast for entertainment while driving. I suggest you don't. Download, that is. Then listen to it. I respect his work on the Simpson's and his pod work during "Rock-n-Roll Creation" in Spinal Tap was the defining moment of our generation.... but his podcast, his podcast is to be missed. He discusses some topics of the day and brings to light some occasional good points, but it falls horribly flat. How flat is it? Really flat. I listened for too long. I particularly suggest you don't listen to his spoof on the Sotomayor hearings. Conceptually - ok, execution and laffability - not ok. It's the kind of spoof over which NPR would go absolutely nuts. You know what I mean.

I'd like to petition whomever I should petition to allow sentences to end in prepositions. Can you guess which sentence in the previous paragraph made me feel this way? Yes you can.

The Weather Channel, since there is nothing happening in the Atlantic tropical-storm-wise, decided to discuss what was happening in the Atlantic last year at this time. Sort of the Weather Channel's version of celebrating the anniversary of the moon walk, except a lot less interesting.

Best song with a reference to the 1st man walking on the moon - "Where was I" by Paul Thorn. Live solo acoustic version is preferred.

sleeeeeeeep.

No comments: